Employment Law is a complex area of law. It can be hard for employers to keep up with their legal responsibilities and for employees to understand their employment rights.
Our Employment Solicitors and Barristers are experts in establishing high-quality employment policies, practices and procedures to provide employers with the tools needed to reduce the risk of employment-related issues. A proactive, front ended approach ultimately saves your business time and money.
Employees are at the heart of every business but with complicated Employment Law legislation, regular updates to employment caselaw and the risk of brand and reputational damage from findings made at Employment Tribunals, our team works with your management and HR team to provide full Employment Law services, including:
- Absence and sickness management
- Bullying and harassment policies and claims
- Constructive dismissal claims
- Discrimination claims
- Drafting HR policies and procedures
- Employee contracts
- Grievance policies and investigations
- Health and safety at work policies
- Managing disciplinary procedures and suspensions
- Managing work from home requests and hybrid working
- Managing underperformance
- Managing difficult employees
- Recruitment and promotion related employee claims
- Redundancies and business restructuring
- Representation at Employment Tribunals and appeals
- Right to work checking procedure
- TUPE advice
- Unfair dismissal and other claims
- Use of garden leave
- Use of restrictive covenants in contracts of employment and enforcement
Our Employment Solicitors and Barristers work closely with all of our employment clients, large and small, businesses or individuals. Our wide range of employer and employee clients gives us the experience and expertise to advise on the full range of employment policies and procedures.
Employment Services for Employees
Our specialist employment team help employees with the full range of individual employment advice. We help with:
- Shares, LTIPs and bonuses
- Employment contracts and breach of contract
- Employment contract issues involving zero hours or agency contracts
- Employment status queries. For example, whether you are self-employed or a freelance worker or an employee
- Employment Tribunal claims and appeals
- Discrimination, harassment and bullying claims
- Leaving your employment and negotiating your exit
- Maternity or paternity rights questions
- Redundancy selection criteria and redundancy payments
- Settlement Agreements and termination packages
- Unfair and Wrongful dismissal
- Unequal pay
- Working from home rights and hybrid working
Our approachable Employment Solicitors and Barristers can provide assistance with resolving employment related disputes, from drafting grievances, defending disciplinary action, negotiating with your employer, assisting with conciliation and bringing Employment Tribunal proceedings.
Where possible we will offer a fixed fee, so you will know what the costs are from the start. For more complex or uncertain projects, we will provide you with an estimate of the likely fees involved and keep you updated throughout the matter.
How to get in contact
Our Commercial Property Solicitors are on hand to provide expert advice and assist you wherever you are based. Please call us for a no-obligation, initial discussion on 01256 460830 or email [email protected].
Our offices are based in Basingstoke and we assist clients across the country.
We aim to keep legal jargon to a minimum and guide you through the process in a manner that is easy to understand.
Our highly-skilled solicitors offer tailored, strategic solutions to even the most complex matters, ensuring you receive the guidance and support you need.
We will be by your side throughout every stage of the process and will provide you with regular updates and advice along the way.
We communicate thoroughly with you from the outset to ensure that we fully understand your individual needs. This allows us to accurately quote for your matter leaving you without any unexpected surprises and fees further down the line.
We provide our clients with a concise and transparent breakdown of costs from the outset of the matter and throughout any subsequent stages. This enables you to build faith and trust in us early on to form a lasting relationship.
Phillips Solicitor’s Employment Team represented the Claimant, Mr Baugh, a senior manager working for IBM, an international company. He has claims for unfair redundancy and age discrimi ...More
The Wagatha Christie trial, that concluded at the High Court last week, has certainly provided many talking points these past couple of weeks. Whether it was the insight into the relat ...More
Did you know that on 6th April 2022 the law relating to divorce was updated? Fault will no longer be a basis for divorce and this marks the biggest change to the divorce law since the M ...More
Today in his Spring Statement Rishi Sunak, confirmed that the government will press ahead with its decision to use National Insurance Contributions (NICs) as a tax to help raise £36bn t ...More
Future proofing your commercial lease for RPI reform The UK Statistics Authority (the Authority) published its response to the consultation on the reform to the Retail Prices Index (RPI ...More
Leading Hampshire law firm Phillips Solicitors continues to go from strength to strength with the appointment of senior solicitor Clare Strachan, who has joined the firm as a Legal Dire ...More