Specialist Areas: Commercial Property
“We are very grateful for Matthew Morris-Ashton’s assistance with a purchase of a commercial property in Basingstoke. He is extremely professional, efficient and super helpful. Matthew made the entire process smooth and completely painless.” Mr Arudchelvam Uthayanan of Trio Management Londis Basingstoke Ltd
Matthew is an associate in the Commercial Property team specialising in transactional property work spanning the industrial, office, retail and mixed-use sectors.
Matthew understands the issues and opportunities that clients encounter are often specific to their circumstances and business needs. He brings the same qualities to every transaction: a personal service; clarity of thought; purpose; resourcefulness; and a flexible approach.
Matthew’s areas of specialist expertise are acting for institutional investors and developers on acquisitions and disposals, advising on commercial landlord and tenant matters and negotiating complex funding arrangements and development agreements.
Some recent work highlights include:
- acting for property owners in a conditional contract with promoters for a large supermarket chain;
- acting on a site set up and delivery for a regional developer with a gross development value more than £4 million;
- working on behalf of an energy company on their acquisition of central London office space with a lease value of more than £2 million;
- assisting a landowner in complex negotiations in granting an option to a care home developer;
- acting for a large pension fund in acquiring commercial property and leasing back to the operational business;
- advising a self-build developer in the acquisition of a site with the benefit of an outline planning permission and negotiating access to the site with an adjacent landowner; and
- acting for Chinese clients on the complex conditional disposal of a Public House to developers.
Phillips Solicitor’s Employment Team represented the Claimant, Mr Baugh, a senior manager working for IBM, an international company. He has claims for unfair redundancy and age discrimi ...More
The Wagatha Christie trial, that concluded at the High Court last week, has certainly provided many talking points these past couple of weeks. Whether it was the insight into the relat ...More
Did you know that on 6th April 2022 the law relating to divorce was updated? Fault will no longer be a basis for divorce and this marks the biggest change to the divorce law since the M ...More
Today in his Spring Statement Rishi Sunak, confirmed that the government will press ahead with its decision to use National Insurance Contributions (NICs) as a tax to help raise £36bn t ...More
Future proofing your commercial lease for RPI reform The UK Statistics Authority (the Authority) published its response to the consultation on the reform to the Retail Prices Index (RPI ...More
Leading Hampshire law firm Phillips Solicitors continues to go from strength to strength with the appointment of senior solicitor Clare Strachan, who has joined the firm as a Legal Dire ...More