Specialist Areas: Commercial Property
“We are very grateful for Matthew Morris-Ashton’s assistance with a purchase of a commercial property in Basingstoke. He is extremely professional, efficient and super helpful. Matthew made the entire process smooth and completely painless.” Mr Arudchelvam Uthayanan of Trio Management Londis Basingstoke Ltd
Matthew is an associate in the Commercial Property team specialising in transactional property work spanning the industrial, office, retail and mixed-use sectors.
Matthew understands the issues and opportunities that clients encounter are often specific to their circumstances and business needs. He brings the same qualities to every transaction: a personal service; clarity of thought; purpose; resourcefulness; and a flexible approach.
Matthew’s areas of specialist expertise are acting for institutional investors and developers on acquisitions and disposals, advising on commercial landlord and tenant matters and negotiating complex funding arrangements and development agreements.
Some recent work highlights include:
- acting for property owners in a conditional contract with promoters for a large supermarket chain;
- acting on a site set up and delivery for a regional developer with a gross development value more than £4 million;
- working on behalf of an energy company on their acquisition of central London office space with a lease value of more than £2 million;
- assisting a landowner in complex negotiations in granting an option to a care home developer;
- acting for a large pension fund in acquiring commercial property and leasing back to the operational business;
- advising a self-build developer in the acquisition of a site with the benefit of an outline planning permission and negotiating access to the site with an adjacent landowner; and
- acting for Chinese clients on the complex conditional disposal of a Public House to developers.
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Mactaggart Family & Partners and Longstock Capital Limited on a multi-million-pound agreement for lease with The AA to move their headquart ...More
In our January update we reported on the Supreme Court decision in the long running dispute between Deliveroo and the unions representing many of its riders. You can read the full Judgm ...More
From 6 April 2024 carers will have a day one right to request one week’s unpaid carer’s leave per year. Draft regulations for the Carer’s Leave Act 2023 provide the detail on this new r ...More
Welcome to the new year! As we embark on 2024, it’s crucial to stay informed about the latest developments in employment law. Here’s a snapshot of key updates and changes th ...More
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Nordic Design House on the acquisition of their first UK showroom in Clerkenwell, London. Nordic Design House is a renewable furniture design c ...More
We are delighted to announce three well-deserved promotions within our firm. Sian Lias and Lisa Perry have been promoted to the position of Legal Director in the Wills, Trusts and Proba ...More