Prior to joining Phillips, Emma worked for a leading London law firm where she gained experience advising on a wide range of commercial property transactions. Emma was promoted to Legal Director in 2021.
Her work includes complex commercial property transactions, the acquisition and disposal of land for development, investment property acquisitions and disposals, secured lending, commercial leases, portfolio management and corporate support.
Emma has particular experience in dealing with development transactions acting for house builders, developers and landowners in connection with the acquisition and disposal of sites for both residential and commercial development, including advising on funding, joint venture, planning and infrastructure agreements as well as residential site set-up and plot sales.
Emma is known for working collaboratively with her clients and giving commercial and pragmatic advice whilst being diligent on the detail.
Some recent work highlights include:
- Regularly advise on acquisitions and handling of strategic land work for developers and landowners on multi phased schemes.
- Acting for a developer in the acquisition of land for residential redevelopment for in excess of 100 dwellings, subject to option agreements, overage, contracts to supply affordable housing and infrastructure agreements.
- Acting for a private landowner in a multi phased disposal of agricultural land and listed buildings with the benefit of planning for residential redevelopment including overage.
- Acting for an investor client disposing of a multimillion-pound commercial site for residential redevelopment to an affordable housing provider.
- Acting for an investor client in the acquisition, re-gear and subsequent disposal of a large multi let industrial site with strategic development potential.
- Acting for an investor client in the negotiation of a development agreement and agreement for lease, resulting in the grant of a substantial lease to a national gym chain.
- Together with the Corporate Team acting for Bill Kenwright Limited on its acquisition of Entertainment Theatres Limited.
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Mactaggart Family & Partners and Longstock Capital Limited on a multi-million-pound agreement for lease with The AA to move their headquart ...More
In our January update we reported on the Supreme Court decision in the long running dispute between Deliveroo and the unions representing many of its riders. You can read the full Judgm ...More
From 6 April 2024 carers will have a day one right to request one week’s unpaid carer’s leave per year. Draft regulations for the Carer’s Leave Act 2023 provide the detail on this new r ...More
Welcome to the new year! As we embark on 2024, it’s crucial to stay informed about the latest developments in employment law. Here’s a snapshot of key updates and changes th ...More
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Nordic Design House on the acquisition of their first UK showroom in Clerkenwell, London. Nordic Design House is a renewable furniture design c ...More
We are delighted to announce three well-deserved promotions within our firm. Sian Lias and Lisa Perry have been promoted to the position of Legal Director in the Wills, Trusts and Proba ...More