Prior to joining Phillips, Emma worked for a leading London law firm where she gained experience advising on a wide range of commercial property transactions. Emma was promoted to Legal Director in 2021.
Her work includes complex commercial property transactions, the acquisition and disposal of land for development, investment property acquisitions and disposals, secured lending, commercial leases, portfolio management and corporate support.
Emma has particular experience in dealing with development transactions acting for house builders, developers and landowners in connection with the acquisition and disposal of sites for both residential and commercial development, including advising on funding, joint venture, planning and infrastructure agreements as well as residential site set-up and plot sales.
Emma is known for working collaboratively with her clients and giving commercial and pragmatic advice whilst being diligent on the detail.
Some recent work highlights include:
- Regularly advise on acquisitions and handling of strategic land work for developers and landowners on multi phased schemes.
- Acting for a developer in the acquisition of land for residential redevelopment for in excess of 100 dwellings, subject to option agreements, overage, contracts to supply affordable housing and infrastructure agreements.
- Acting for a private landowner in a multi phased disposal of agricultural land and listed buildings with the benefit of planning for residential redevelopment including overage.
- Acting for an investor client disposing of a multimillion-pound commercial site for residential redevelopment to an affordable housing provider.
- Acting for an investor client in the acquisition, re-gear and subsequent disposal of a large multi let industrial site with strategic development potential.
- Acting for an investor client in the negotiation of a development agreement and agreement for lease, resulting in the grant of a substantial lease to a national gym chain.
- Together with the Corporate Team acting for Bill Kenwright Limited on its acquisition of Entertainment Theatres Limited.
Phillips Solicitor’s Employment Team represented the Claimant, Mr Baugh, a senior manager working for IBM, an international company. He has claims for unfair redundancy and age discrimi ...More
The Wagatha Christie trial, that concluded at the High Court last week, has certainly provided many talking points these past couple of weeks. Whether it was the insight into the relat ...More
Did you know that on 6th April 2022 the law relating to divorce was updated? Fault will no longer be a basis for divorce and this marks the biggest change to the divorce law since the M ...More
Today in his Spring Statement Rishi Sunak, confirmed that the government will press ahead with its decision to use National Insurance Contributions (NICs) as a tax to help raise £36bn t ...More
Future proofing your commercial lease for RPI reform The UK Statistics Authority (the Authority) published its response to the consultation on the reform to the Retail Prices Index (RPI ...More
Leading Hampshire law firm Phillips Solicitors continues to go from strength to strength with the appointment of senior solicitor Clare Strachan, who has joined the firm as a Legal Dire ...More