“Sian Lias makes discussions very easy; she is knowledgeable, straightforward and great at explaining things” – The Legal 500, Recommended Lawyer and Rising Star, 2020, 2021 and 2022
Sian advises on all aspects of Wills and Probate including Will drafting, inheritance tax planning and estate administration of both taxable and non-taxable estates. In addition she deals with the creation and administration of Trusts, and the creation of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Sian has a down to earth yet professional approach and is commended for her personable yet professional manner by clients.
Sian completed the STEP diploma exams in 2017 with distinction and is a full member of STEP (Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners). Sian is also a member of the Law Society Private Client Section and a full Accredited Member of Solicitors for the Elderly.
- Advising in connection with an estate where the deceased had a domicile of choice outside of England and Wales including submission of a claim for Business Property Relief in respect of English property owned by the deceased’s offshore company.
- Preparing tax efficient Wills for husband and wife with net worth of approx. £11.5million.
- Advising client on tax implications of previous lifetime gifts and the “backward shadowing” rules in respect of lifetime estate planning and creation of lifetime settlements.
- Advising high net worth individual owning land and business interests on estate and tax planning affairs including drafting of discretionary trust and complex supporting Letter of Wishes.
- Administering intestate estate including the drafting of Deed of Variation to bring equality throughout the family in line with the family’s wishes.
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Mactaggart Family & Partners and Longstock Capital Limited on a multi-million-pound agreement for lease with The AA to move their headquart ...More
In our January update we reported on the Supreme Court decision in the long running dispute between Deliveroo and the unions representing many of its riders. You can read the full Judgm ...More
From 6 April 2024 carers will have a day one right to request one week’s unpaid carer’s leave per year. Draft regulations for the Carer’s Leave Act 2023 provide the detail on this new r ...More
Welcome to the new year! As we embark on 2024, it’s crucial to stay informed about the latest developments in employment law. Here’s a snapshot of key updates and changes th ...More
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Nordic Design House on the acquisition of their first UK showroom in Clerkenwell, London. Nordic Design House is a renewable furniture design c ...More
We are delighted to announce three well-deserved promotions within our firm. Sian Lias and Lisa Perry have been promoted to the position of Legal Director in the Wills, Trusts and Proba ...More