“Sian Lias makes discussions very easy; she is knowledgeable, straightforward and great at explaining things” – The Legal 500, Recommended Lawyer and Rising Star, 2020, 2021 and 2022
Sian advises on all aspects of Wills and Probate including Will drafting, inheritance tax planning and estate administration of both taxable and non-taxable estates. In addition she deals with the creation and administration of Trusts, and the creation of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Sian has a down to earth yet professional approach and is commended for her personable yet professional manner by clients.
Sian completed the STEP diploma exams in 2017 with distinction and is a full member of STEP (Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners). Sian is also a member of the Law Society Private Client Section and an Associate Member of Solicitors for the Elderly.
- Advising in connection with an estate where the deceased had a domicile of choice outside of England and Wales including submission of a claim for Business Property Relief in respect of English property owned by the deceased’s offshore company.
- Preparing tax efficient Wills for husband and wife with net worth of approx. £11.5million.
- Advising client on tax implications of previous lifetime gifts and the “backward shadowing” rules in respect of lifetime estate planning and creation of lifetime settlements.
- Advising high net worth individual owning land and business interests on estate and tax planning affairs including drafting of discretionary trust and complex supporting Letter of Wishes.
- Administering intestate estate including the drafting of Deed of Variation to bring equality throughout the family in line with the family’s wishes.
Phillips Solicitor’s Employment Team represented the Claimant, Mr Baugh, a senior manager working for IBM, an international company. He has claims for unfair redundancy and age discrimi ...More
The Wagatha Christie trial, that concluded at the High Court last week, has certainly provided many talking points these past couple of weeks. Whether it was the insight into the relat ...More
Did you know that on 6th April 2022 the law relating to divorce was updated? Fault will no longer be a basis for divorce and this marks the biggest change to the divorce law since the M ...More
Today in his Spring Statement Rishi Sunak, confirmed that the government will press ahead with its decision to use National Insurance Contributions (NICs) as a tax to help raise £36bn t ...More
Future proofing your commercial lease for RPI reform The UK Statistics Authority (the Authority) published its response to the consultation on the reform to the Retail Prices Index (RPI ...More
Leading Hampshire law firm Phillips Solicitors continues to go from strength to strength with the appointment of senior solicitor Clare Strachan, who has joined the firm as a Legal Dire ...More