“Hayley is a master problem solver and influencer of all parties, including the Court when required. She has made herself available to me for all my personal legal needs when I need her. She is direct, thorough, and unflinching in her approach. An outstanding lawyer who drives a matter with determination and energy to the best possible ultimate outcome. She has a 100% success rate in achieving my legal goals.” – Glen Richardson, COO, the Range.
Specialist Areas: Complex and high value real estate and land transactions, family law, property portfolio refinancing, conveyancing, lease extensions, landlord and tenant.
Hayley’s practice encompasses high value conveyancing, agricultural land, issues surrounding access rights, rights of way, boundary determinations, complex covenants and sitting and tied tenancies. Hayley has practiced in Property and Land law for 20 years and retains a loyal client following; she is praised for her around the clock availability when necessary and often working to very tight deadlines.
In addition, Hayley maintains a strong family law practice, focussing on higher value divorce cases, where she often acts as the advocate for her clients.
Hayley joined Phillips in June 2007 and was appointed a partner in 2013.
Recent examples of her work include:
- Regularly instructed in high value property purchases for buyers and sellers in prime areas including central London and the Cotswolds;
- Advising on the purchase of a significant holding of prime West Country farmland, including advising on various agricultural land and forestery issues;
- Advising and negotiating on behalf of a sophisticated corporate investor on a £25m refinancing of its portfolio of over 80 mixed-use properties located across the UK;
- Successfully concluding long running and acrimonious financial proceedings involving a £3m pension fund and assets held in multiple jurisdictions including investment properties and offshore bank accounts; and
- Representing a client in an amicable but sensitive apportionment of assets negotiated in balance with various geographically nuanced child sharing arrangements.
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Mactaggart Family & Partners and Longstock Capital Limited on a multi-million-pound agreement for lease with The AA to move their headquart ...More
In our January update we reported on the Supreme Court decision in the long running dispute between Deliveroo and the unions representing many of its riders. You can read the full Judgm ...More
From 6 April 2024 carers will have a day one right to request one week’s unpaid carer’s leave per year. Draft regulations for the Carer’s Leave Act 2023 provide the detail on this new r ...More
Welcome to the new year! As we embark on 2024, it’s crucial to stay informed about the latest developments in employment law. Here’s a snapshot of key updates and changes th ...More
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Nordic Design House on the acquisition of their first UK showroom in Clerkenwell, London. Nordic Design House is a renewable furniture design c ...More
We are delighted to announce three well-deserved promotions within our firm. Sian Lias and Lisa Perry have been promoted to the position of Legal Director in the Wills, Trusts and Proba ...More