Gill Brown is a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 2021:
‘Gillian Brown continues to excel as one of the finest employment law solicitors in Hampshire. The go-to person for contentious employment law matters.’
‘The service we have received to date is excellent. Responsive, knowledgeable, and helped our business through difficult employment issues.’
Gill has over 20 years of experience as an employment lawyer and has a varied background having worked in the USA at Harvard University and Universal Studios as well as running her own business in Germany. She trained at Phillips working her way up to partner and is currently a legal director and head of the employment team.
Areas of specialist expertise relate to both contentious and non-contentious work, advising companies on compliance and all aspects of employment and HR practice; advising employees including directors and senior executives as well as acting and negotiating on their behalf; bringing and defending Employment Tribunal claims, County Court and High Court action including enforcement/breach of restrictive covenants, complex discrimination and equal pay claims and transfer of undertaking issues.
Recent work highlights:
- Successfully defending a complex disability discrimination claim for a French owned multi-national company.
- Bringing a successful unfair dismissal, harassment and disability discrimination claim and achieving a damages award against the company and a costs award against a national law firm.
- Advising clients on transfer of undertakings issues and redundancy and guiding the redundancy process, from a family owned nursery school right through to a large pharmaceutical group of companies.
- Negotiating substantial exit packages for directors and senior executives including a renowned international Japanese owned company and other international corporations
- Defending an appeal against dismissal in the Employment Appeals Tribunal in respect of a sex discrimination claim.
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Mactaggart Family & Partners and Longstock Capital Limited on a multi-million-pound agreement for lease with The AA to move their headquart ...More
In our January update we reported on the Supreme Court decision in the long running dispute between Deliveroo and the unions representing many of its riders. You can read the full Judgm ...More
From 6 April 2024 carers will have a day one right to request one week’s unpaid carer’s leave per year. Draft regulations for the Carer’s Leave Act 2023 provide the detail on this new r ...More
Welcome to the new year! As we embark on 2024, it’s crucial to stay informed about the latest developments in employment law. Here’s a snapshot of key updates and changes th ...More
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Nordic Design House on the acquisition of their first UK showroom in Clerkenwell, London. Nordic Design House is a renewable furniture design c ...More
We are delighted to announce three well-deserved promotions within our firm. Sian Lias and Lisa Perry have been promoted to the position of Legal Director in the Wills, Trusts and Proba ...More