“Clare is a pleasure to work with. She is knowledgeable, detailed, efficient and has digested and managed multiple moving parts on a complex £17.34m property refinance on our behalf, in a way that has earnt our complete trust.” Marcus Rooke, Managing Director, Kingscastle Limited.
Clare is an experienced commercial property solicitor acting for institutional investors, developers, and corporate occupiers, particularly in the retail and leisure, logistics and office sectors.
Clare has a particular focus acting for major corporate occupiers on all aspects of their site acquisitions and disposals across the UK and their ongoing portfolio management.
Her areas of specialist expertise include advising on landlord and tenant matters, negotiating conditional agreements for complex leases, acting on the acquisition and disposal of investment properties, including large portfolio acquisitions, and providing corporate support on M&A deals.
Clare joined Phillips as a legal director in 2021 from Stevens & Bolton in Guildford, having previously practised at international firms Olswang and Nabarro in London. She was promoted to partner in May 2023.
Recent work highlights include:
- advising and negotiating on behalf of a sophisticated corporate investor on a £17.34m refinancing of its portfolio of over 75 mixed-use properties located across the UK;
- advising a well-known restaurant chain on its high value site acquisitions as part of an accelerated UK expansion and managing its portfolio requirements;
- acting for CRE and construction consultancy clients on their prime lettings of new head office space in central London;
- acting for a major insurance company on its conditional agreement for lease and lease of a mixed-use building in central London with a lease value of over £30m; and
- advising a large pharmaceutical company client on all property aspects of a £10m acquisition of distressed assets including the freehold purchase of a laboratory site for £4.9m.
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Mactaggart Family & Partners and Longstock Capital Limited on a multi-million-pound agreement for lease with The AA to move their headquart ...More
In our January update we reported on the Supreme Court decision in the long running dispute between Deliveroo and the unions representing many of its riders. You can read the full Judgm ...More
From 6 April 2024 carers will have a day one right to request one week’s unpaid carer’s leave per year. Draft regulations for the Carer’s Leave Act 2023 provide the detail on this new r ...More
Welcome to the new year! As we embark on 2024, it’s crucial to stay informed about the latest developments in employment law. Here’s a snapshot of key updates and changes th ...More
Phillips Law is delighted to have advised Nordic Design House on the acquisition of their first UK showroom in Clerkenwell, London. Nordic Design House is a renewable furniture design c ...More
We are delighted to announce three well-deserved promotions within our firm. Sian Lias and Lisa Perry have been promoted to the position of Legal Director in the Wills, Trusts and Proba ...More