“Clare is a pleasure to work with. She is knowledgeable, detailed, efficient and has digested and managed multiple moving parts on a complex £17.34m property refinance on our behalf, in a way that has earnt our complete trust.” Marcus Rooke, Managing Director, Kingscastle Limited.
Clare is an experienced commercial property solicitor acting for institutional investors, developers, and corporate occupiers, particularly in the retail and leisure, logistics and office sectors.
Clare has a particular focus acting for major corporate occupiers on all aspects of their site acquisitions and disposals across the UK and their ongoing portfolio management.
Her areas of specialist expertise include advising on landlord and tenant matters, negotiating conditional agreements for complex leases, acting on the acquisition and disposal of investment properties, including large portfolio acquisitions, and providing corporate support on M&A deals.
Clare joined Phillips as a legal director in 2021 from Stevens & Bolton in Guildford, having previously practised at international firms Olswang and Nabarro in London.
Recent work highlights include:
- advising and negotiating on behalf of a sophisticated corporate investor on a £17.34 refinancing of its portfolio of over 75 mixed-use properties located across the UK;
- advising a well-known restaurant chain on its high value site acquisitions as part of an accelerated UK expansion and managing its portfolio requirements;
- acting for CRE and construction consultancy clients on their prime lettings of new head office space in central London;
- acting for a major insurance company on its conditional agreement for lease and lease of a mixed-use building in central London with a lease value of over £30m; and
- advising a large pharmaceutical company client on all property aspects of a £10m acquisition of distressed assets including the freehold purchase of a laboratory site for £4.9m.
Phillips Solicitor’s Employment Team represented the Claimant, Mr Baugh, a senior manager working for IBM, an international company. He has claims for unfair redundancy and age discrimi ...More
The Wagatha Christie trial, that concluded at the High Court last week, has certainly provided many talking points these past couple of weeks. Whether it was the insight into the relat ...More
Did you know that on 6th April 2022 the law relating to divorce was updated? Fault will no longer be a basis for divorce and this marks the biggest change to the divorce law since the M ...More
Today in his Spring Statement Rishi Sunak, confirmed that the government will press ahead with its decision to use National Insurance Contributions (NICs) as a tax to help raise £36bn t ...More
Future proofing your commercial lease for RPI reform The UK Statistics Authority (the Authority) published its response to the consultation on the reform to the Retail Prices Index (RPI ...More
Leading Hampshire law firm Phillips Solicitors continues to go from strength to strength with the appointment of senior solicitor Clare Strachan, who has joined the firm as a Legal Dire ...More