This Legal 500 Employment team is recruiting an employment associate of between 1 and 5 years PQE.
Phillips Solicitors is a leading Hampshire law firm based in Basingstoke and is going through an exciting period of growth. We won the Law Society Excellence Awards Medium Law Firm of the Year 2021 and the Employment team has been nominated for Employed Bar Awards 2022.
Our client base is predominately business owners and their businesses. It is incredibly important for us that we understand why our clients are doing something and how this affects both their business and their personal lives. For a business owner, the two are often intertwined and must be considered together. Our clients often see us as a key part of any decision-making process as we become their trusted advisors.
The work is varied and covers a broad range of employment law, including advising on:
- Negotiation, advice and completion of settlement agreements;
- Advising, drafting and negotiating employee contracts and other employee-related documentation;
- TUPE and redundancy consultation processes;
- Advising employers and employees on disciplinary processes, dismissals, grievances, and other employee relations issues, with an emphasis on the more challenging cases;
- Working in a team on complex tribunal and/or High Court litigation with responsibility for managing aspects of the day-to-day conduct of the litigation;
- Advising on legal issues relating to employment such as company and partnership matters, data protection and GDPR and business immigration.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic employment lawyer to join and assist in the growth of a highly regarded department.
With a core value of bringing talented people together to achieve positive outcomes, we are an energised team, passionate about:
- attracting and retaining the brightest and most positive colleagues to work with;
- being the regional law firm that clients want to work with for the quality of our advice and our people; and
- being a place where we love coming into work.
Phillips has a strong and loyal client base with a substantial amount of work coming in from repeat clients and their referrals. We are a key member of the local business community and strive to be the market leader in the region. Our culture is one of continuous growth and development, not only in terms of the expertise and the services we offer, but also in our engagement with the local community. Our network is constantly evolving and our clients tell us our great reputation is growing.
Phillips offers a performance related bonus, a company pension scheme, private medical insurance, a group life assurance scheme, a day off for your birthday, hybrid working, a cycle to work scheme and car parking. In addition, there are regular social events, a running and walking club, weekly fruit and free entry into the Basingstoke half marathon of which we are headline sponsors.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to equality and diversity within the workplace.
Please send your letter of application and CV to our Finance and Operations Manager, Faye McMahon by emailing [email protected]
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please note that any personal data provided in the course of your application will be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Phillips Solicitor’s Employment Team represented the Claimant, Mr Baugh, a senior manager working for IBM, an international company. He has claims for unfair redundancy and age discrimi ...More
The Wagatha Christie trial, that concluded at the High Court last week, has certainly provided many talking points these past couple of weeks. Whether it was the insight into the relat ...More
Did you know that on 6th April 2022 the law relating to divorce was updated? Fault will no longer be a basis for divorce and this marks the biggest change to the divorce law since the M ...More
Today in his Spring Statement Rishi Sunak, confirmed that the government will press ahead with its decision to use National Insurance Contributions (NICs) as a tax to help raise £36bn t ...More
Future proofing your commercial lease for RPI reform The UK Statistics Authority (the Authority) published its response to the consultation on the reform to the Retail Prices Index (RPI ...More
Leading Hampshire law firm Phillips Solicitors continues to go from strength to strength with the appointment of senior solicitor Clare Strachan, who has joined the firm as a Legal Dire ...More